We are delighted to announce the launch of the CoreShares Total World Stock Feeder ETF (share code: GLOBAL) which tracks the FTSE Global All Cap Index. This index represents the full opportunity set of large, mid, and small-cap stocks across 25 developed and 24 emerging markets, comprising over 9000 constituents across 10 sectors and is arguably the most comprehensive ‘all in’ global strategy to be listed on the JSE.
The CoreShares Total World ETF is a compelling way for South African investors to access global equity exposure for these reasons:
- TOTAL exposure – This is one of the most comprehensive global strategies covering most markets within ONE simplified product.
- “Real economy” global equity exposure – Emerging Markets (EM) make up over one-third of world GDP and should be represented in a truly global equity investment strategy. EM makes up an important 11% of this benchmark.
- Diversification – This index offers efficient exposure to a broad range of countries, currencies, sectors, and companies around the globe. Investors can access an increased number of shares and better geographic diversification than ever before by investing in this fund.
- Avoid the “home bias” – While South Africa makes up just a tiny portion of global markets, most South Africans are overly exposed to the local market and economy and would benefit from a more diversified global investment portfolio
- Exposure to high growth economies – Investors are rewarded when making EM allocations as the returns typically associated with these developing (and statistically riskier) markets leads to better performance over the long term.
- Cost – The CoreShares Total World Stock Feeder ETF is a cost-effective way to achieve a truly global investment, carrying a modest management fee of 0.15% and a targeted TER of 0.29%.
The fund is suitable for all investors (whether large or small) looking to make a long term, Global equity investment and diversify outside of South Africa.
Top 10 Holdings
The world need not cost the earth: Introducing the new CoreShares Total World ETF (Share Code: Global)
Unpack all the details with Chris Rule (Head: Product and Client Solutions):
For more information about the CoreShares Total World ETF, download the brochure.